Sterling silver jewelry, handmade beaded jewelry, and accessories
Many dieters turn to a low fat diet to reach their weight loss goals. This is because this type of diet is not only healthy but it is satisfying as well. Pounds of fat are shed off naturally without the use of diet pills or intensive workouts. Following some of the tips below could help expedite your success in losing weight.
* Eat more frequently during the day. This might sound a bit odd but it is true. Instead of eating 3 large meals a day, eat 5 to 6 smaller meals including snacks. By having a constant flow of smaller portions of food entering your digestion system, this will actually keep your metabolism running faster and burning calories quicker. You will also feel satisfied throughout the day, which will keep you from binge eating.
* Drink plenty of water during the day for smooth body functioning. Water hydrates the body and skin and flushes out harmful toxins which lead to weight gain and other problems. It is recommended that you drink 8 glasses a day.
* Avoid or at least limit your consumption of coffee, tea, alcohol and soda as these types of beverages dehydrate your body and add on extra calories that you don't need. Stick with water or a nice cup of herbal tea.
* Add more fruits and vegetables to your low fat diet. You should still get plenty of protein, but get it from fish, chicken breast or lean meats. This means stay away from pork products such as bacon, which is high in fat. Switch your whole milk to 1% or non-fat.
* Watch the type of fat you put in your body. There is a difference between trans-fatty fats and healthy fats. Healthy fats such as monounsaturated fats are fine in moderation. It is the trans-fatty fats found in deep fried foods such as fast food and potato chips that should be avoided when on a low fat diet. Saturated fats are not good as well. Baked goods such as cakes, cookies, butter, chocolate, cheese and certain oils contain saturated fats. Not only do these types of fat add on those extra pounds, they are also common culprits of conditions such as high cholesterol, heart disease, stroke and other ailments.
* Some suggestions of foods for this type of diet include: oatmeal, turkey breast, baked chicken, whole wheat bread, egg whites and whole grain rice. Check the ingredients of the foods you buy or consult with a dietitian for other food selections.
A low fat diet is a great way to lose weight and remain healthy while doing it. You will not become thin overnight, but you will begin to shed off the pounds in a natural, healthy manner. This, in the long run, will help to keep the pounds off as long as you are eating healthy on a consistent basis.